Hi everyone, I have received a lot of messages that inspired me to make a new article.
- What should be my motivations before applying?
- A positive attitude and empathy for others
- Strong cultural awareness and the ability to adapt to new environments and people
- Flexibility and the motivation to manage a demanding work schedule
- Qualities necessary to live up to the mission and values that Emirates holds in high regard – Professional, Empathetic, Progressive, Visionary, Cosmopolitan
- Can I go to an open day even if I haven’t received an invitation?
Yes – it’s an open day. You only have to receive an invitation if on the emirates website it’s written ‘invitation only’
- Do I have to registered on the Emirates website before the open day?
No – It’s preferable to do it before the OD as it takes time but you can do it before the final interview
- Can I go to an open day in another country?
Yes. You will be able to put your annual leave destination at the final interview
- In what size should I print my photos?
Passport 4,5X5 – Full lenght 10X15
- What about the english level?
You have to be fluent.
- What about other languages
It’s always a plus to be fluent in other languages. But you will not be hired because you can speak 7 languages but because of your personality.
- What about the dress code?
Business attire during the all process
- What to bring for the open day?
1 updated CV, a photo (passport or full length) and a black pen
- What to bring for the assessment day
A black pen and a portfolio
- What to bring for final interview?
- 1 full length photo in business attire
- 8 passport in business attire
- 1 casual passport photo
- 1 casual full length photo
- 1 color passport copy
- 1 certificate degree copy
- a black pen
- What about the body language?
Recruiters know a lot about human body language. Keep attention on how you sit, where you put your hands, don’t speak to loud or to low, smile all the time…
- What do I have to do if I feel stress?
Take a deep breathe, think about something funny and remember that this is not a big deal, you can do it. Make sure to sleep well the day before your OD/AD/FI, to eat healthy and to drink a lot of water.
- Can I wear jewellery?
Definitely yes – women can wear white small pearls earrings, only one on each ear. Women and men can wear an engagement ring and watch.
- Can I wear spectacles during the Emirates recruitment process?
Of course you can. You will see a lot of crew with spectacles. But you are not allowed to wear your spectacles on your photos.
- Can I apply before the 6 months waiting period after failing at the final interview?
No – if you try to do so, you will be unsuccessful and will have to wait 6 months again. Remember that your file is registered in Dubai.
- What about black people?
Emirates is a multicultural company. There are over 130 nationalities. it’s not about your skin colour but about your personality.
- Are the tattoos allowed?
No – don’t try to go to an OD or you will be directly sent home. You can’t have tattoos on visible zone of your body while you are wearing the uniform.
- Are the braces allowed.
Not – You should removed it before applying
- Is there a limit age to apply?
I’m not really sure about that but I know that there are some people who applied after 30 and they are recruited. During my OD, one girl had 32 and she is now a cabin crew.
- Can I be married before applying? Can I get married during my contract?
Of course you can! A lot of crew member are married and they have children as well