This is probably the best day of my life. I just received my Final Approval. This means that I’m medically fit for the job of a cabin crew. I’m now a cabin crew after this very long process. I can announce it to all my friends and family. But first of all, let me explain you the process.
After your Golden Call, you will have to wait between 1 day and 1 week to receive your password to access to the ‘Emirates portal’ by mail. After opening the mail, you will be allowed to open the portal which contains a lot of informations that you will have to familiarise with.
- you will have to downland your contract, to read it and keep it for you as you will bring it to Dubai on your joining date.
- you will have to upload some security documents: passport copy, passport photo and CV
- you will have to upload some medical documents, which are the most important part of the process. Mandatory documents are
- Certificate of dental health which as to be signed by your dentist,
- Part A which as to be signed by you
- Part B which as to be signed by your doctor. Remember that you will have 5 days to upload the Part A and B.
4. You will also have to upload your vaccines, but they give you more time. Remember that the mandatory vaccine is the ‘Yellow fever’ one. You can make the others in Dubai and it will be deducted from your salary. I preferred to make all in my own town as it was less expensive for me.
About medical, I’ll advice you to make some blood tests in your own town to not waste your time. As an example, you can make the VIH and Syphilis ones. But these are not mandatory. But remember that if you have one of these sickness, you have will have to refund Emirates and go home on your own
5. If you are medically fit for this job, you will receive the Final approval which allowed you to resign from your current job, and to get the access to the workbook.
You will have to upload the ‘prepare for take off’ document. This is a 49 pages book that you will have to read and fill before your date of joining. There are a lot of sections in it, you will have to answer to some questions, to learn some airport codes … This book is very useful.
After all this process, you will receive the name of your induction specialist with a little presentation. You will also receive your accommodation and your visa one week before your joining date. At this step, you can consider that a new life is beginning …